End Point Assessment
- Reference Code: ST0267
- Level: 2
- Version: 1
- Duration: 24 months
The primary role of a construction Lifting Technician is to set up and operate cranes to lift and place a variety of loads in the workplace. They will play a vital role by supporting site projects in which they will have responsibility for operating the crane to lift materials and equipment to designated work areas on a construction site. The Lifting Technician will need to be able to interpret and comply with given contract information and work with the lifting team to carry out lifting activities.
The Construction Lifting Technician has three occupations available as an outcome of this standard; each identified by the type of crane -Tower Crane, Crawler Crane and Mobile Crane.
- Tower Crane–Static cranes used predominantly on construction projects giving key benefits of height and
- Crawler Crane–Cranes mounted on tracks used in a variety of applications including construction, ports and heavy engineering. Cranes are mobile and able to achieve heavy
- Mobile Cranes–Wheeled cranes used in a large variety of applications where lifting is required. Cranes are mobile on wheels and often travel to the job site using the public. The employer will select which occupational route the individual will follow but all individuals will undertake the slinger and signaller role as a core requirement of the standard.
Employers will set their own selection criteria.
The apprenticeship includes the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Lifting Technicians.
End Point Assessment
Overview of assessment
The end point assessment covers all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours in the Standard. It will take place using independent assessors appointed by QFI and the methods shown below:
The professional interview is up to 2.5 hours in length and is undertaken first in order to ensure that the apprentice has sufficient experience to be able to undertake the practical test. The interview is based on the evidence provided within the apprentice’s portfolio which will probed during the interview.
This will comprise of 36 questions for completion within 2 hours. The format of the questions will full written answers that express a depth of knowledge in each topic. It will be based on testing awareness and understanding of theory as set out in the assessment plan.
Practical test (Crane operation)
The practical test is a test of specific measurable skills using the requisite crane in a controlled environment. The test will be timed and will last between1.5 to 3 hours depending upon the crane type. Completion of the practical test within the given time is considered part of the assessed criteria. Knowledge, skills and behaviours will be assessed through observation and questioning over the course of the test.
Readiness for assessment
The employer will endorse progression to the end-point when satisfied that the apprentice is consistently working at or above the level set out in the standard, and the pre-requisite gateway requirements have been met with evidence to support these:
- achieved level 1 English and mathematics and taken the tests for level 2
- achieved NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations -with optional units in Mobile Crane or Tower Crane or Crawler Crane depending on which occupational route taken
- achieved NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations –Slinger/Signaller
- Completed a Portfolio of Evidence
This apprenticeship is graded by the independent assessor appointed by QFI and grades are either: fail or pass.
This standard will deliver sufficient competence, underpinning knowledge and understanding in the identified job role to allow individuals to meet the requirements of the appropriate industry recognised card certification schemes.
Why choose QFI
QFI is listed on the Register of Apprenticeship Assessment Organisations to assess this apprenticeship Standard. We have access to specialist, occupationally competent independent assessors. We will work with you to ensure that the end-point assessment runs as smoothly as possible providing support for any staff involved in the process. Contact us now to discuss your requirements firstname.lastname@example.org