QFI Statement – End-point assessment
QFI’s normal operations along with those of many other organisations in this sector has been temporarily disrupted by the Coronavirus (C0VID-19) threat. We do however remain open for business. Our priority at the moment is to do all that we can to keep our staff, the key stakeholders that we work with, training provider staff and apprentices protected as best we can by minimising potential exposure to the virus. We are closely monitoring Government guidance and best practice in relation to this and have decided to take the following measures until further notice. We will:
- modify end-point assessment arrangements – including scheduling remote assessments – wherever practicable and possible
- reschedule end-point assessment where apprentices are ready for assessment, but cannot be assessed due to COVID-19 issues
- allow a further pause of 12 weeks where there is a specified time limit for end-point assessment post gateway
- extend the assessment timeframe for apprentices whose gateway is delayed; note that apprentices whose gateway is being delayed are allowed a break in learning, with an extension to the assessment timeframe and the training provider is required to record this in the ILR
- engage with the relevant External Quality Assurance Organisation to agree arrangements in advance where remote assessment replaces face-to-face assessment, or where a simulated environment is to be used
- propose to relevant External Quality Assurance Organisation modifications (rather than substitutions) to the specified assessment methods provided that they do not compromise quality or the intention of the assessment, noting that the authority for any flexibilities remains with the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education, to whom any modification proposals will be referred
For further information see the guidance issued by the ESFA and IfATE
If you have apprentice’s registered with QFI and wish to discuss further please don’t hesitate in contacting us. QFI staff are all currently working at home and available via mobile numbers as per email footers.
Take care during the current crisis and we look forward to returning to business as usual in the not too distant future.